By supporting the State Council along with Local Councils and Assemblies of the Knights of Columbus in the District of Columbia, we support and amplify their charitable efforts.
Since 2009, the DC Knights of Columbus Charities have supported numerous projects throughout the District of Columbia. We have been proud supporters of:
- Knights of Columbus Ultrasound Initiative
- A program to place ultrasound machines in pregnancy centers around the country. Here in Washington, we most recently were able to supply an ultrasound machine to the Capitol Hill Pregnancy Center.
- Wheelchairs for Veterans
- In partnership with the Global Wheelchair Mission, the Knights of Columbus have donated wheelchairs to thousands of needy around the world. Here locally, we have supported the donation of wheelchairs to the Washington VA Medical Center and other Veterans organizations.
- Scholarships for DC Catholic High School Students
- Through the money raised from our annual Columbus Classic Golf Tournament, the DC KofC Charities sponsors three $500 scholarships to local children attending Catholic High Schools.
- Local Food Pantries
- There are more than a dozen local food pantries throughout the District of Columbia. DC KofC Charities regularly supports these food pantries with donations.
- Disaster Relief
- When disaster hits, the Knights of Columbus are there to help whether it be through manpower or funding of important programs.
- In honor of the late Past State Deputy Ed Sullivan, the DC KofC Charities is raising funds in support of our local seminarians.
- Coats for Kids
- In 2020, the DC State Council was able to provide over 3,000 coats to needy families with children in the District of Columbia. DC KofC Charities is proud to support fundraising for this important program.
- Much more with your help!